MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Soccer lost in the Crossroads League Tournament Semifinals in overtime on Wednesday to Spring Arbor 2-1. Jose Barquin added his Crossroads League-leading 10th goal of the season off of Tim Noeding‘s Crossroads League-leading seventh assist of the season, but the Pilots could not find the game-winner in the end.
- Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 2-1 ot
- Records: Bethel (8-2-1) | Spring Arbor (6-2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Spring Arbor – NR
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 22′ | Cole Russell (SAU)
- 43′ | Jose Barquin (BU) assised by Tim Noeding
- 92′ | Owen Swan (SAU) assisted by Zoltan Suranyi
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Jose Barquin is now alone in 8th in program history with 30 career goals and 9th in program history with 76 career points.
- The Pilots outshot the Cougars 13-6 and won the battle of corners 7-3.
- The Pilots had four shots in the final three and a half minutes of regulation with a chance to win; three of the shots went off the post.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots will compete in the NCCAA National Championship in Kissimmee, Florida beginning Monday when they take on Dallas Christian (Texas) in Pool A play at noon. The Pilots are the No. 1 seed in the tournament.