JOLIET, Ill. – Bethel Men’s Basketball avoided an upset on Monday evening in the University of St. Francis Thanksgiving Classic, defeating East-West 84-77. The Pilots battled back from an 11-point deficit in the first half and outscored the Phantoms by 14 in the second stanza to earn the victory.
- Score: Bethel def. East-West 84-77
- Records: Bethel (5-2) | East-West (0-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR
- Location: Sullivan Center | University of St. Francis | Joliet, Ill.
- TreVion Crews: 18 pts, 6 reb, 4 stl
- Nathan Aerts: 12 pts, 9 reb, 2 stl
- Jared DeHart: 10 pts, 3 reb, 2-5 3-pt
- Romeo Parker: 9 pts, 5 reb
- Garrett Suedekum: 8 pts, 6 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- TreVion Crews became the 10th player in program history with 1,000 points, 500 rebounds, and 400 assists in a career.
- Crews added four steals to push his season average up to 2.714 pilfers per game–currently the fourth-best single season average in program history, behind only Rico Swanson’s sophomore, senior, and junior campaigns, respectively.
- Nathan Aerts recorded his second straight game with at least 9 rebounds. He is averaging 5.9 rebounds per game this season, a 2.1-per-game improvement from his freshman campaign.
- Romeo Parker recorded a three-point field goal for the third straight game. He is shooting 50.0-percent from long range in his last three games.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots welcome Grace into the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Saturday, December 5 at 1:00 pm.