FINAL: #5 Iowa 89, Maryland 67
• Iowa’s 89 points are the most Iowa has scored in the 12-game series. The 22-point win is the largest margin of victory in the series.
• All-American center Luka Garza returned for his final collegiate game near his hometown of Washington, D.C. tonight. Garza finished with 24 points, seven rebounds, and four assists. The senior netted eight straight points in the first half.
• Iowa improved to 7-0 when Jordan Bohannon makes multiple 3-pointers. Bohannon (18 points) made a game-high six triples tonight.
• Two Hawkeyes posted career bests tonight. Connor McCaffery dished out 10 assists (0 turnovers), while Joe Toussaint was credited with six steals.
• The Hawkeyes sank 13 triples tonight. Iowa, who leads the Big Ten in 3-pointers made, has drained 10+ 3-pointers in eight of 11 games this season.
• Iowa scored 20 straight points spanning 8:28 in the first half. Furthermore, the Hawkeyes scored 35 of the final 42 points over the last 12:51 (35-7 run).
• Tonight was Iowa’s second win inside the Xfinity Center (2017, 2021).
• Today was the only regular season meeting between Iowa and Maryland.
No. 5 Iowa returns to action on Sunday when the Hawkeyes will have a rematch against Minnesota. Tipoff is scheduled for 1:33 p.m. (CT) on Mediacom Court at Carver-Hawkeye Arena.