FINAL: #10 Iowa 87, #19 Northwestern 72
- Iowa has won eight straight home games against ranked opponents, dating back to last season. That is the longest such streak in program history during the AP Poll Era (since 1948-49).
- Tonight marked the first time in the 180-game series history that Iowa and Northwestern played with both teams ranked in the AP Top 25.
- Jordan Bohannon equaled a season high with 24 points (North Carolina), bolstered by 6-of-9 shooting from 3-point territory.
- All-American Luka Garza tallied 18 points, snapping his streak of scoring 20+ points at 18 straight Big Ten games, dating back to last season. His 18-game streak is the longest by any player against Big Ten competition in over three decades.
- Iowa handed Northwestern its first conference loss of the season.
Iowa returns to action on Saturday at No. 14 Rutgers. Tipoff is scheduled for 1:05 p.m. (CT) in Piscataway, New Jersey.