MARION, Ind. – No. 3 Indiana Wesleyan men’s basketball is 15-0 for the first time since 2014-15, topping No. 5 Arizona Christian 82-62. The Wildcats used a 23-8 run to start the second half, allowing ACU just 17 total second-half points.
It’s the Wildcats 12th victory this season by 20 or more.
WILDCAT STAT TRACKER
- Noah Smith – 14 points, 9 rebounds
- Kyle Mangas – 23 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists
- Seth Maxwell – 25 points, 7 rebounds
WHAT WENT DOWN
- IWU struggled in the first half shooting 27% from the floor while being outrebounded by four. ACU shot 45% in the first half while both teams mustered just five assists each.
- In the second half Arizona Christian was 1-for-19 from deep in the second half while IWU shot 1-for-8.
- The Wildcats opened up the second half on a 21-6 run through the first 11 minutes with Mangas and Maxwell each scoring six points during the run.
- In 2014-15 IWU collected three Top-25 wins while during this run matched that squad with three Top-25 wins with tonight’s win. It’s the first Top-5 matchup win for the Wildcats since 2015 when No. 1 Cornerstone and No. 2 IWU squared off with IWU winning 95-90.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU wraps up their trip to The Grand Canyon State tomorrow, facing Benedictine-Mesa at 1 p.m. EST.