Center Grove (14-0): Carson Steele closed out his high school career by running 31 times for 138 yards with two touchdowns in the No. 1 Trojans’ 38-14 win over No. 2 Westfield in the Class 6A state title game.
Covenant Christian (15-0): Austin Frazier completed 12-of-28 for 197 yards with three touchdowns in the No.5 Warriors’ thrilling 41-40 win over top-ranked South Adams for the Class 1A crown.
Indianapolis Bishop Chatard (13-1): Tommy Hannon romped 22 times for 112 yards and three scores as the top-ranked Trojans made it back-to-back Class 3A state championships with a 42-14 victory over No. 5 Danville.
Indianapolis Cathedral (13-1): Camden Jordan came up with 12 receptions for 91 yards and three touchdowns for the top-ranked Irish in their 46-28 victory over Zionsville.
Indianapolis Roncalli (13-1): Aidan Leffler was 12-of-16 for 200 yards with a state finals record five touchdowns in the No. 4 Rebels’ 49-7 win over No. 7 Hobart in the Class 4A finale.
Western Boone (11-4): Josiah Smith booted the game-winning 38-yard field goal with seven seconds left, lifting the Stars to their third straight Class 2A state crown with a 36-35 win over Fort Wayne Bishop Luers.
THE BEST OF THE REST
Danville (11-1): Kale Payne went 7-of-18 for 65 yards with a touchdown and ran 12 times for 58 yards for the Warriors against Bishop Chatard.
Fort Wayne Bishop Luers (8-7): Glenn Brody caught six passes for 171 yards with a touchdown for the Knights against Western Boone.
Hobart (11-3): Zach Vode registered 15 tackles and two receptions for 32 yards for the Brickies against Indianapolis Roncalli.
Westfield (12-2): Micah Hauser ran 11 times for 118 yards for the Shamrocks against Center Grove.
South Adams (13-1): Trey Schoch caught five passes for 148 yards with a touchdown for the Starfires against Covenant Christian.
Zionsville (7-6): Luke Baumgartner hauled in nine receptions for 153 yards and three touchdowns for the Eagles against Indianapolis Cathedral.
FINAL FABULOUS FIVE
- Marian (11-1): Malcolm Anderson raced 112 times for 700 yards with 16 touchdowns for the No. 2 (Class 3A) Knights.
- Elkhart (9-1): Derrick Woods ran 186 times for 1,536 yards with 28 scores for the No. 5 (Class 6A) Lions.
- Mishawaka (7-4): Drew Mason rambled 224 times for 1,239 yards with 16 touchdowns for the No. 9 (Class 5A) Cavemen.
- Warsaw (8-3): Juan Jaramillo came up with 226 rushes for 991 yards with 15 scores for the Tigers.
- Bremen (9-3): Blake Dingus exploded for 1,518 yards with 17 touchdowns on 252 attempts for the Lions.
MATT’S MATCHUPS (FINAL)
A 5-1 mark (83 percent) in the state finals left me with a final record of 190-60, which was good for 76 percent for the 2020 campaign.