Barr-Reeve (29-2): Hagen Knepp poured in 16 points in the top-ranked Vikings’ 64-48 win over No. 3 Kouts in the Class 1A finale.
Carmel (26-2): Josh Whack netted seven of his 11 points in overtime as the No. 2 Greyhounds downed No. 3 Lawrence North, 51-46, for the Class 4A championship.
Fort Wayne Blackhawk (28-3): Jacob Boyer tallied 14 points in the No. 1 Braves in a 55-40 win against No. 5 Parke Heritage for the Class 2A crown.
Silver Creek (25-4): Trey Kaufman-Renn came up with 13 points and 10 rebounds for the No. 2 Dragons in their 50-49 win over No. 9 Leo in the Class 3A title affair.
FINAL TOP TEN
- Adams (23-2): Quentez Columbus was limited to eight points for the No. 4 Eagles in 47-43 loss to Riley in the Class 4A Michigan City sectional final.
- Saint Joseph (21-5): Notre Dame recruit J.R. Konieczny managed 20 points in his final game for the No. 5 Indians in a 61-59 loss to Leo in the Class 3A Elkhart Semistate. It also marked the last contest for Saint Joseph boss Mark Johnson, who is retiring after 36 seasons on the bench.
- Riley (19-7): Blake Wesley tallied 23 points in the Wildcats’ 58-43 loss to Gary West in the Class 4A Michigan City regional finale.
- Marian (19-4): Mitchell Menting was limited to five points in the No. 3 Knights’ 53-45 loss to Saint Joseph in the Class 3A Washington sectional semifinals.
- Glenn (20-5): Carter Yung recorded 15 points for the Falcons in their 60-56 loss against Saint Joseph in the Class 3A Washington sectional final.
- New Prairie (19-8): Braydon Flagg scored 13 points in the Cougars’ 51-34 loss to No. 1 Hammond in the Class 3A Washington regional semifinals.
- Northridge (18-5): Clay Stoltzfus was limited to five points in the Raiders’ 45-40 loss to Penn in the Class 4A Elkhart sectional semifinals.
- NorthWood (16-9): Ben Vincent came up with eight points in the Panthers’ 47-46 loss to No. 9 Leo in the Class 3A New Castle regional championship.
- Warsaw (15-8): Bishop Walters’ nine points were not enough in the Tigers’ 59-57 loss to Elkhart in the Class 4A Elkhart sectional semifinals.
- Mishawaka (15-8): Trent Johnson came up with 18 points in the Cavemen’s 68-60 loss to Adams in the Class 4A Michigan City sectional semifinals.
MATT’S MATCHUPS FINAL
The 2020-21 campaign ended on a positive note as I went 4-0 predicting the state champions. I finished with an overall record of 323-80, good for 80 percent.