Fady, Santiago Put Away Spring Arbor
MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Soccer powered their way to victory on Wednesday night against Spring Arbor 4-1. Arnaud Fady made his second career start in goal, turning away two Cougar penalty kicks in the win, while Matheus Santiago recorded the Pilots’ second straight hat trick—the first of his career—with three second half scores.
- Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 4-1
- Records: Bethel (3-0-1, 2-0-1) | Spring Arbor (0-2, 0-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Spring Arbor – NR
- Location:Morey Field | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 19’ | Isaac Nunez (BU) assisted by Anu Junior Alemanji
- 48’ | Matheus Santiago (BU) assisted by Macrae Smith
- 53’ | Matheus Santiago (BU) assisted by Tim Noeding
- 60’ | Zoltan Surani (SAU)
- 75’ | Matheus Santiago (BU) assisted by Jose Barquin and Salifyagi Mugala
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Matheus Santiago recorded the Pilots’ second straight hat trick. Jose Barquin accomplished the feat the last time out for the Pilots.
- Tim Noeding, Jose Barquin, and Macrae Smith continued their point streaks with assists in the match. Noeding has recorded a point in each of his first three games of the season, while Barquin has also recorded points in the last three games. Smith has recorded points in all four matches this season for the Pilots.
- Arnaud Fady stood on his head in his second career start recording 6 saves—two coming off of penalty kicks and a third off a direct rebound from a penalty kick.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Winona Lake on Saturday at 7:00 pm to take on Grace.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PINTO
- “I am glad to see the improvement we continue to make. The buy-in from the group and the leadership on and off the pitch has been exceptional.”