MISHAWAKA – Bethel Women’s Basketball fell 73-71 to Mount Vernon Nazarene on Saturday afternoon. After trailing by as many as 15 points with 8:22 remaining, the Pilots mounted a 16-3 run to pull within a bucket over the next two and a half minutes to get back into the game, and had a three-pointer at the buzzer to win it but could not get it to fall.
- Score: Mount Vernon Nazarene def. Bethel 73-71
- Records: Bethel (3-6, 0-3) | Mount Vernon Nazarene (1-4, 1-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Mount Vernon Nazarene – NR
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner: 18 pts, 11 reb, 3-3 3-pt
- Nyla Asad: 17 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast
- Jessica Erwin: 13 pts, 4 reb, 2 stl
- Alba Garcia: 10 pts, 2 reb, 2-4 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots pulled down 18 offensive boards but could only convert them into 9 points.
- The Pilots shot 26.7-percent from the three—their third straight game and fourth this season shooting less than 30-percent from long range.
- Kelsey Brickner pulled down 11 rebounds—her fourth game of her career and third this season with double-digit rebounds.
- Sydney Williams recorded a career-high 10 rebounds.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots take on Holy Cross in Notre Dame, Indiana at 5:30 pm on Monday.