Pilots Win Twice, Will Play for National Title
SAINT PAUL, Minn. – Bethel Volleyball finished off Pool Play with another 3-0 sweep, defeating No. 3 Mid-America Christian in their first match of the day to advance to the semifinals on Friday evening. The Pilots then defeated No. 5 Dallas Baptist in four sets in the NCCAA National Tournament Semifinals to earn a spot in the national title game Saturday.
- Match 1 Score: Bethel def. Mid-America Christian 25-16, 25-13, 25-15
- Match 2 Score: Bethel def. Dallas Baptist 25-19, 23-25, 25-16, 25-15
- Records: Bethel (19-4) | Mid-America Christian (9-4) | Dallas Baptist (2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Mid-America Christian – NR
- Location:Erickson Center | University of Northwestern | Saint Paul, Minn.
MATCH 1 STAT TRACKER
- Isabelle North: 12 kills, .500 hitting percentage, 3 blocks
- Maddy Payne: 3 kills, 6 blocks
- Abby Armold: 7 kills, 3 blocks
- Rachel Vendl: 18 digs, 1 service ace
MATCH 2 STAT TRACKER
- Maddy Payne: 15 kills, 9 blocks, .462 hitting percentage
- Isabelle North: 13 kills, 5 blocks
- Payton Hart: 8 kills 14 digs
- Madyson Beaver: 23 assists, 12 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots earned their eleventh 3-0 sweep of the season.
- The Pilots have now recorded their most wins in a season since 2013.
- The Pilots advance to their first NCCAA National Championship match since winning it all in 2007. The Pilots also hung a banner in 1993, 1994, and 1998—with (current head coach) Katie (Malkewicz) Weiss and (current assistant coach) Lisa (Davis) DeJesus earning NCCAA All-American and All-Tournament honors that season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots will play for the NCCAA National Championship against No. 1 seed and host Northwestern (Minn.) on Saturday at 3:00 pm ET.