MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s basketball jumped out to a large lead against Grace on Saturday afternoon and held on late for a 101-95 victory over the Lancers in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. The Pilots led by as many as 31 points just 90 seconds into the second stanza, buoyed by Zac Owen’s season-high 35 point effort.
- Score: Bethel def. Grace 101-95
- Records: Bethel (6-2, 2-1) | Grace (5-3, 0-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Grace – NR
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Zac Owens: 35 pts, 4 reb, 7-10 3-pt
- Jani Griffith: 16 pts, 9 reb, 5-7 fg
- TreVion Crews: 16 pts, 6 ast, 6 stl
- Jared DeHart: 17 pts, 4 reb, 3-6 3-pt
- Garrett Suedekum: 4 pts, 6 reb, 3 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots improved to 72-65 all-time against Grace.
- The Pilots outrebounded the Lancers 44-30, including 19 rebounds on the offensive glass and held a 27-5 advantage in second chance points.
- Zac Owens tied for the ninth-most made three-pointers in single game program history with 7.
- The Pilots led by as many as 31 at 68-37 with 18:31 remaining before the Lancers cut the lead to two with a 48-29 run at 87-85 with 4:44 remaining.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots welcome Saint Xavier to the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Tuesday at 7:00 pm.