ELGIN, Ill. – Bethel Men’s Basketball used an explosive second half to defeat Judson 102-87 on Wednesday evening. Nathan Aerts led the way with his second straight 25-plus point performance, going 8-10 from the field and 4-5 from the three-point line to lead all scorers with 25. The Pilots led by just three at the break, but used a 25-4 run to open up a 24-point margin in the second half’s first six minutes and cruised to the non-conference victory.
- Score: Bethel def. Judson 102-87
- Records: Bethel (10-2) | Judson (2-5)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Judson – NR
- Location: Lindner Fitness Center | Judson University | Elgin, Ill.
- Nathan Aerts: 25 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast, 8-10 fg
- TreVion Crews: 16 pts, 10 ast, 4-7 3-pt
- Zac Owens: 19 pts, 6 ast, 5 stl
- Garrett Suedekum: 8 pts, 4 reb, 3 ast
- Jared DeHart: 10 pts, 3 ast, 3-7 fg
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots’ 17 made three-pointers is tied for fourth-most in a single game in program history.
- The Pilots tied their season high for the second game in a row with 28 assists and hit triple-digit scoring for the fourth time this season and third straight game.
- TreVion Crews recorded double-digit assists for the first time this season and seventh time in his career. His current 3.400:1 assist-to-turnover ratio is first in single season program history. Adam Bontreger holds the record with a 3.054:1 ratio in 2001-02.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- “It was great to be back playing again after the Christmas break. I thought we got off to a slow start and really struggled to get stops. Judson was the tougher team that played with more energy and they were the better because of it. The middle 20 minutes of the game showed how good we can be on both ends when we play with toughness and energy.”
- “Nate Aerts was great for the 2nd straight game. Zac Owens got us going at the end of the 1st half, Garrett Suedekum gave us a defensive presence, and TreVion Crews was impressive with 10 assists. We look forward to hosting a tough Clarke team back at the Wiekamp Athletic Center at 3pm on Saturday. Happy New Year!”