MIAMI, Fla. – Bethel Men’s Basketball put away Florida National 117-98 on Tuesday evening on the back of Nathan Aerts‘ career-best 26-point, 18-rebound performance. The Pilots set a program record with 71 total rebounds and a scored Drabyn-era high 117 points.
- Score: Bethel def. Florida National 117-98
- Records: Bethel (9-3) | Florida National (2-12)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Florida National – NR
- Location: Miami Christian School | Miami, Fla.
- Nathan Aerts: 26 pts, 18 reb, 10-17 fg
- TreVion Crews: 11 pts, 12 reb, 8 ast
- Romeo Parker: 14 pts, 7 reb, 1 blk
- Jared DeHart: 21 pts, 8 reb, 5-13 3-pt
- Garrett Suedekum: 5 pts, 10 ast, 0 to, 6 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots set Coach Drabyn era highs with 117 points, 8 blocks, and 71 rebounds, the latter an all-time single game program record.
- The Pilots’ 49 defensive rebounds is second-most in single game program history.
- Nathan Aerts‘ 18 rebounds is tied for eighth-most in single game program history, while his eight offensive boards is tied for seventh-most.
- Garrett Suedekum‘s 10 assists without a turnover is tied for the third-most assists without a turnover in single game program history.
- With the game tied at 7-7, the Pilots used an 18-0 run to break the game open. The Pilots led by as many as 25 points in the game.