UNIVERSITY PARK, Ill. – Bethel Men’s Basketball used a strong second half to pull away from Governors State and win 89-77 on the road on Wednesday. TreVion Crews led all scorers with 28 points, while adding team-highs of 9 rebounds, 4 assists, and 2 steals, while Zac Owens added his second 20-point game of the season with 21 of his own.
- Score: Bethel def. Governors State 89-77
- Records: Bethel (3-1) | Governors State (2-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Governors State – NR
- Location: The ARC | Governors State University | University Park, Ill.
- TreVion Crews: 28 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast
- Zac Owens: 21 pts, 4 reb, 3 ast
- Nathan Aerts: 10 pts, 5 reb
- Wesley Burse: 9 pts, 6 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- TreVion Crews became the 28th player in program history to score 1,500 points in his career. He sits at 1,507 for his career. He is 15 rebounds and 7 assists shy of becoming the 7th player in program history with 1,500 points, 500 rebounds, and 400 assists.
- The Pilots outrebounded the Jaguars 49-38. The 49 rebounds are the Pilots’ most since recording 50 against Spring Arbor on February 4—a span of 13 games.
- With the Pilots leading just 72-69 with 6:14 remaining, they used a 17-4 run over the next 4:18 to seize a 89-73 lead with 1:52 remaining.
- Steve Drabyn earns his 25th career win as a head coach, against 12 losses.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots open Crossroads League play in the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Friday at 5:00 pm against Spring Arbor.