MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Basketball outlasted Lourdes 87-81 on Saturday evening to win their second game of the season. TreVion Crews scored 25 points–18 coming in the first frame–and a game-high 7 assists, while Zac Owens recorded the game-high 27 points to lead the Pilots.
- Score: Bethel def. Lourdes 87-81
- Records: Bethel (2-0) | Lourdes (0-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Lourdes – NR
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- TreVion Crews: 25 pts, 7 ast, 6-11 3-pt
- Zac Owens: 27 pts, 3 stl, 4-7 3-pt
- Jared DeHart: 12 pts, 3-5 3-pt
- Filip Segota: 3 pts, 7 reb
- Nick Pluta: 4 pts, 4 ast, 3 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots made at least 20 free throws for the second straight game.
- Crews moved past Greg Thomas and Randy Klotz for 31st in career scoring. He now sits at 1,459 career points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots host Saint Xavier (Ill.) in the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH DRABYN
- “First of all, I want to thank Lourdes for playing in our Bethel Tip-Off Classic this year. We wanted to play the best teams we could play in the non-conference to prepare us for the Crossroads League and they are a really good team. They are experienced, balanced, and very well-coached. We are fortunate to come out on the winning end tonight.”
- “I thought our players came out with a much better mentality tonight. Although there are plenty of things we could do better, I thought we competed much better tonight. Our defensive goal was to hold them to under 40 points in the paint and we held them to 32. We still have to be better rebounding the basketball and we will continue to work on that.”
- “I thought Crews got us off to a great start offensively and made some big clutch shots late. Zac Owens and Garrett Suedekum brought great energy on both sides of the ball. We look forward to playing St. Xavier at home on Wednesday.”