LINCOLN, Ill. – Bethel Men’s Basketball lost 86-84 to Lincoln College on Friday afternoon, after holding as much as an 8-point lead in the contest. It is just the Pilots’ fourth loss to a team with a losing record since February 18, 2014. TreVion Crews led all scorers with 24 points.
- Score: Lincoln def. Bethel 86-84
- Records: Bethel (13-3) | Lincoln (2-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – RV | Lincoln – NR
- Location: Jack D Nutt Arena | Lincoln College | Lincoln, Ill.
- TreVion Crews: 24 pts, 7-8 3-pt, 2 stl
- Zac Owens: 17 pts, 2 stl, 6-8 ft
- Wesley Burse: 13 pts, 4 reb, 4-7 ft
- Jared DeHart: 12 pts, 6 reb, 6 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The loss is just the Pilots’ fourth to a team with a losing record since February 18, 2014.
- The Pilots struggled to shoot in the second half, shooting just 33-percent from the field, 2-7 from three, and 16-26 from the charity stripe in the final stanza.
- The Pilots committed 9 turnovers in the second half and were outdone on points off turnovers 23-16 for the game. Their 17 total turnovers are second-most in a game this season.
- The Pilots have allowed 48.0 points in the second half across the last two ballgames and have been outscored by 18 points in those halves.
- After starting the first half hot with 7-7 shooting from three-point range and 7-10 from the field, Crews finished the second half with just 1-7 from the field and 0-1 from three.
- The Pilots trailed by 5 with 55 seconds left but managed to have a possible game-winning shot at the buzzer, which came by way of Jared DeHart‘s wayward three-point attempt.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to Crossroads League play on Wednesday with a matchup against Mount Vernon Nazarene in the Wiekamp Athletic Center at 7:00 pm. The updated Bethel Pilots’ spectator policy can be found at bupilots.com/spectator.