MISHAWAKA – Bethel Men’s Basketball came up short at (RV) Cornerstone on Saturday, losing 85-79 in the first rematch between the two programs in twenty seasons. TreVion Crews led with game-highs of 20 points, 6 assists, and 3 steals, while adding 8 rebounds in the effort.
- Score: Cornerstone def. Bethel 85-79
- Records: Bethel (2-1) | Cornerstone (3-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Cornerstone – RV
- Location: Mol Arena | Cornerstone University | Grand Rapids, Mich.
- TreVion Crews: 20 pts, 8 reb, 6 ast
- Zac Owens: 18 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast
- Jared DeHart: 16 pts, 4-6 3-pt
- Nathan Aerts: 14 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast
- Filip Segota: 2 pts, 11 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Filip Segota secured a career-high 11 rebounds.
- Crews moved into 29th in program history in career scoring, passing Jack Carpenter and Brian Bechtel on the all-time list. He sits at 1,479 career points following Saturday’s game.
- The Golden Eagles led by as many as 16 points in the first half. The Pilots’ only lead was at 2-0. There were four ties in the game.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to University Park, Illinois on Wednesday to take on Governors State University at 8:00 pm ET.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH DRABYN
- “That was a tough loss against a good team that is going to win their share of games. They are well-coached and were prepared.”
- “It’s been a tough two weeks for our team with guys out and not being able to practice much, but I’m glad we played the game and am proud of the effort our guys displayed. It is going to make us better.”
- “I thought we were really good when we got it going in transition and when we got the ball in the paint. What cost us in my opinion were uncharacteristic turnovers and missed two’s that we normally make. I can’t wait to get back to practice and start preparing for the next one.”