Ohio State Selected as Host for Seven Future NCAA Championships
NCAA announced host sites from 2022-23 to 2025-26
COLUMBUS, Ohio – On Wednesday, the NCAA announced future championship sites through 2026, with most to be held 2023-26. Ohio State has been selected as a host for the following events:
- 2023 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball First and Second Rounds
- 2024 National Collegiate Men’s Gymnastics Championships
- 2024 National Collegiate Men’s and Women’s Fencing Championships
- 2025 National Collegiate Men’s Volleyball Championship
- 2025 NCAA Division I Women’s Golf Regional
- 2026 NCAA Division I Men’s Golf Regional
- 2026 National Collegiate Men’s and Women’s Rifle Championships
In all, the NCAA announced a total of 450 selections for preliminary rounds and final sites of championships in Divisions I, II and III. The NCAA received more than 3,000 bid submissions from NCAA member schools, conferences, sports commissions and cities vying to host predetermined rounds for 86 of the NCAA’s 90 championships. The sites were selected by the respective NCAA sports committees and approved by the divisional competition oversight and championships committees.
The NCAA sports committees made its selections of host sites based on criteria that included the ability to create an outstanding experience for student-athletes, along with adherence to NCAA sport-specific bid specifications.
Specifications can include, but are not limited to, providing optimal facilities; ease of travel to the location and ample lodging; and adherence to NCAA principles, which include providing an atmosphere that is safe and respects the dignity of all attendees.