MISHAWAKA – In a match that featured 204 rallies, 400 total attacks and 113 total kills, the No. 7-ranked Indiana Wesleyan Wildcats outlasted Bethel Volleyball in five sets to win the heavyweight battle of Crossroads League leaders. Maddy Payne and Isabelle North continued their mastery of the frontline, combining for 22 kills and 22 blocks in the match.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 25-22, 22-25, 25-18, 15-25, 15-12
- Records: Bethel (8-2, 8-2) | Indiana Wesleyan (9-1, 9-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 7
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Isabelle North: 10 kills, 11 blocks
- Maddy Payne: 12 kills, 11 blocks, .364 hitting percentage
- Payton Hart: 11 kills, 20 digs, 6 blocks
- Caroline Mullet: 16 assists, 12 digs
- Madyson Beaver: 28 assists, 17 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Jackie Fernandez recorded a career-high 33 digs.
- Five Pilots recorded double-doubles in the match.
- Isabelle North recorded double-digit blocks for the fourth match this season. She now leads the NAIA in total blocks with 70.
- The Pilots’ 22.0 blocks are a season-high for the NAIA’s top-ranked blocking defense. They have recorded 135.0 blocks on the season.
- Payton Hart recorded a career-high 20 digs.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Goshen to take on the Maple Leafs in a US Highway 20 Cup Series match on Saturday at 3:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Tonight, we made too many unforced errors. We played hot and cold and lost consistency. We need to refocus and engage our minds throughout the match. We will make these adjustments and be better for it. We want to hold ourselves to a higher standard and raise the level of our program and that’s not easy—it doesn’t happen overnight, but it is beginning to happen. I’m proud of this team and we will become the best we can be!”